Wire Ducts also known as wire troughs, wire-ways, wire raceways or wire channels are unbending trays used as raceways when you need to insert, drop or pull cables or wires out of a duct. These wiring ducts are made of high impact, self extinguishing rigid PVC, and are available in different models and colors.
Types of Wire Duct:
1. Economical Wire Duct: Inexpensive and quality alternative for organizing your wires. You can choose between solid wall and slotted ducts to best suit your application.
2. Open or Wide Slot Wire Duct: Allows for wires or cables that need to be re-routed throughout the channel.
3. Narrow Slot Wire Duct: Used with high density wiring set-ups, the narrow slots offer multiple access points for small diameter wires.
4. Closed Slot Wire Duct: Providing amazing cable retention while providing openings for applications where wires need to be routed.
5. Solid Slot Wire Duct: Is a closed up duct that protects cables and makes for a cleaner appearance. Perfect for use where no break-outs are required.
6. Noryl Ducts: High quality wire duct made from a low smoke, zero halogen material.
Benefits of Wire Duct:
Wire troughs offer high heat deflection that minimizes distortion at high temperatures. In most cases, wire ways come pre-drilled so they can fix to wall and enclosures, other options include adhesive backing.
Wire channels have an integral flexible vinyl lining inside their walls for high friction surfaces, the rounded plastic fingers give cable support and are able to snap-off for terminated wires to be re-routed easily.
Uses of Wiring Duct:
Wire Ducts are used in electrical enclosures to help protect and route cable and wires. These enclosures can be found in both in home and office environments.